A while ago I wrote about Dan Sullivan’s Referability Habits concept.
I love the simplicity of this. You may remember the four habits:
- Show up on time.
- Do what you say you will.
- Finish what you start.
- Say please and thank you.
Dan just released a short downloadable guide. It may help you strengthen your habits in these areas.
In the guide he asks:
- What strategies, habits, or technologies will most improve your time management right now?
- What commitments are your biggest priorities over the next quarter?
- What projects would benefit from focused energy and attention to get them across the finish line right now?
- How can you expand your gratitude and appreciation over the next quarter?
Now, Dan’s ideal clients are entrepreneurs. But all the consultants I know will get value answering these questions. After all most consultancy business still originates with a referral. And that’s this week’s mini-mission.
Make yourself more referable.